MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Forrest Griffin = Luckiest Champion

View Single Post

Old 12-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #32 (permalink)
Davisty69
CoutureCop

Davisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated View Post
I wouldn't call it luck per se. GSP was simply ill-prepared for the fight and got TKO'd because of it. He was not mentally there and that's why he lost.

I guess Serra was lucky in the sense that he got the perfect scenario to fight GSP. It was his first title defence, he had a lot of hype surrounding him at the time, he was a huge favorite to win = tremendous pressure.
That is pretty much exactly what I'm saying. This isn't a fight between two equally skilled fighters and one of them came out on top for the night. This was a fight between an inferior and a superior fighter. Serra was lucky either that he landed that punch, or that GSP had an off night and wasn't "there". Either way, Serra should not have won that fight statistically, therefore making it a lucky win.

Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline   Reply With Quote