Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

***OFFICIAL*** - Mirko Cro Cop vs Hong Man Choi DISCUSSION THREAD (pre/post)

2K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  dontazo 
#1 ·

Conduct all your discussion pre & post-fight on this DREAM RULES FIGHT, between Mirko Cro Cop facing off against Hong Man Choi in HERE. ALL other threads concerning anything during this fight, or its outcome WILL BE MERGED INTO THIS ONE

Thanks guys

MLS

See less See more
#8 ·
I DO NOT KNOW WHY PEOPLE THINK HONG MAN CHOI IS A CAN!!!

His stand up is not bad at all. He has beat Semmy Shilt, Gary Goodridge,Bob Sapp, and Mighty Mo. He has gone to decision with Bonjasky,LebBanner and Sefo. He even made it to a 2 overtime against Hari.

Against a fighter that has great takedowns, GNP, and submission (aka Fedor) he didn't do so well. Did you see Fedor try to strike with him? No, not at all. Hell, Fedor just clinched and pulled guard.

CroCop is gonna turn this in a Kickboxing match. Hong Man Choi has been fighting much better strikers as of late.

#11 ·
well that is the most ridiculous thing i've seen today....good God why did Cro Cop take this fight...what if Choi takes cro cop down somehow? what is cro cop gonna do then?

if cro cop wins he beat a freak and it proves little and if he loses (which he very well could) I don't see how he can make a comeback

#17 ·

#19 ·
This is dumb....

Why risk taking the punches when you can chop the tree down?

To get in close enough to land punches, he has to get within Choi's huge reach. In fact, he did try to land a punch on Choi and ate a nice punch for his trouble.

This is just stupid.

#21 · (Edited)
At least he won. No one seems to care though. I'm relieved for the moment.

I hope they give him a formidable opponent and he destroys him. I miss the Mirko of 2004 and 2006.

#24 ·
Now that I have seen this fight, I think that Cro Cop should retire some time soon. Yes, he won. Yes, we love him. But I am starting to think he won't be able to get back in contention, or back in league with alot of the top HW's anytime soon.

#25 ·
Despite his win over Hong Man Choi, its clear that Crocop hasn't been doing so good of late. Its been a real shame to see him failing (at the least by his standards) in the UFC. Its a long way from his glory days back in Pride, the sort of standard he showed against Fedor in their title bout for example. True he lost but it was a close call, and anyone who goes the distance with Fedor and manages to do some damage of his own if pretty awesome.

Still Crocop's recovering from some injuries, after his surgery he'll not be fighting for six months but hopefully after that he'll come back with the sort of skills he used to show. Who knows though, it may be too late by then. And there's a lot of really good heavyweights around at the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.