MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 12-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #138 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by recon6991 View Post
Just wondering what problem you have with takedowns, if you type up your technique maybe people can help with pointers. When I first started wrestling I really had trouble getting my chest right above my knee. If you feel like it, let us know and we can try and give some pointers.
I'm tall and lanky so I need to drop pretty far to shoot, making it slow and telegraphed. I'm also so low on shorter opponents (most opponents) so when I level change my balance feels weak. Furthermore my stance is southpaw which against orthodox gives us a greater distance apart from eachother.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote