MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 12-31-2008, 10:14 PM   #143 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye6287 View Post
I have only read the last few posts on here, but i see you have trouble telegraphing your takedowns. Given that, have you considered a more grecho roman based approach, which uses the underhooks more than the legs for TD;s. Just a suggestion, as for a tall guy it would be easier to engage a clinch and underhook than a shoot and single or double leg.
Personnaly i dont have alot of experience but that is my unerstanding of one of the advantages of said school of wrestling.
That's what I was thinking... I definitely need more practice with both too. Unfortunately, my trainers tend to favor teaching shooting for the takedown. We do get time to drill whatever takedowns we want though, so I'll have to take a look at some technique and practice this one on my own. Thanks for the input!
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote