MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 12-31-2008, 11:24 PM   #145 (permalink)
recon6991
Bantamweight

recon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enough
I had that problem too, wish the southpaw stance, I eventually learned orthodox, but when I was still using it (south) I would practice my stance in front of a mirror till it looked and felt right (both are key) and then practice shots, very slowly at first and then working up to full speed. This was in elementary school mind you, so I didn't have shit else to do, probably spent 30 minutes-1 hour on it a day during my first few seasons. Best of luck man. And the greco-roman idea sounds solid, its very fun as well, I will say from my experience it requires much greater strength to perform some of the upper body (only) clinch moves for a takedown, but you do get to dump people way harder than in normal wrestling. Im sure if you youtube it lots will come up.