MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - recons 2nd log attempt

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #48 (permalink)
recon6991
Bantamweight

recon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enough
Alrighty, well I think I got to around around 75 pulls ups total before I gave up and did squats and snatches.

225x5x5 front squats

snatches
did 95x3x3
135x5x1 basically a form check

we had a meet this morning. First guy i wrestled looked like he had never been on a mat before, got the take down after like 5 seconds of locking up, he went to his back so i got the head lock, planted between his legs, rolled him up into a near side cradle.

second match. the kid was real light on his feet so i tried to time an ankle pick-fail. he sprawled, hard. i was able to get ahold of his thigh, i kept spinning with him until i could walk up him. nothin really happened for the rest of the first, it was 0-0. about 10 seconds in he gets an arm drag to a high crotch on me and takes me down (2-0) and im a pretty damn bad bottom wrestler so i was getting nervous, but he tried to cradle me, and when he tried walkin my head up to my leg i just rolled with it and sat out before he could grab me. (2-1) locked up i got over under and just lifted and dropped him. (3-2), i threw olive branches so he couldn't move and just locked him on the mat and he kept squirming so i jammed my chin into his eye, he promptly stopped moving and i got the pin. dirty as hell, i know.

third match was easy because the schools 189 came in at a whopping 211.

3-0 so far this season, not bad. really need to work on my bottom game and my first step. I dont have a problem locking up with people and gettin down like that, but when i shoot from the outside it usually fails pretty bad. Just an aside, our 171 is 11-0.

if anyone knows some good agility drills and tips and all please let me know.