MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Where Will MMA Be In Ten Years?

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
STONEMAN
Amatuer

STONEMAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
I can see MMA being very mainstream in 10 years and I see it getting almost as big as the NFL in 10 years time. I think we will be seeing weekly fights on cable TV in 10 years and PPVs held only for big names and big fights. I'll give it 10-15 years before it moves to network TV to make it even more mainstream and eventually I see it being an Olympic sport and I also see them bringing back the tournament style in America in 5-7 years.
Thats a very optimistic prediction and one that I agree with. I wrote a thread asking what Dana's next move would be and think all the moves made in MMA have to focus on the mainstream public. I just spoke with a good friend who has fought proffesionally in MMA about the prospect of MMA becoming an Olympic sport. We both agreed that in the near future it would be adopted. As far as tounament style events coming back, I only see that happening in small events or in Pride over a period of time, like they have done before.