MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - BCS National Championship Game: Florida vs. Oklahoma

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Hett
Going to UFC 100

Hett is on another level nowHett is on another level nowHett is on another level nowHett is on another level nowHett is on another level nowHett is on another level nowHett is on another level nowHett is on another level nowHett is on another level nowHett is on another level nowHett is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLS View Post
That's one of the major differences between the Big 12 and SEC. SEC fans when it comes bowl time will more than likely root for other SEC teams.

The Big 12 fans wants other Big 12 teams to lose.

To me I would like to see OU win just to shut people up about how the Big 12 was overrated. But I really want to see OU win to piss UT fans off even more (no offense Walker).
My experience with SEC team fans is that if they went to the school they root for, they always root for the SEC. I know some Georgia, Tennessee and Ole Miss fans that didn't go to those schools and who have lived their whole life in Florida. They'll root against Florida no matter who they are playing. Then I know several people that have went to Florida, Alabama and Auburn. 99% of the time they'll root for the SEC in any situation. I think it's just one of those things you learn by being in the SEC atmosphere all the time and on campus. You take a lot of pride in your team, but you take almost as much pride that you play in the SEC. It's not uncommon for an "S-E-C" chant to be heard at some events, I can't say I've ever heard another chant like that from another conference.