MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Help!!

Thread: Help!!
View Single Post

Old 01-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
bail3yz
Banned

bail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
So as of right now I have my laptop connected to a desktop monitor because my laptop screen doesn't work, and I don't have money to fix it right now.

The problem is that it's my brother's monitor and I'm going back to school this Sunday and I can't take it with me..soo, I recently bought an rca cable to try and connect my laptop to my tv. But it doesn't seem to work.

I told someone about it, and they said I might have to download some drivers so it could work...but I don't know anything about that. I was hoping someone could help me out..it will be greatly appreciated, and rewarded

If it helps:
I have windows vista basic 32-bit
mobile intel r 945gm express chipset family graphics card
Eh, I dont believe you need drivers for this. However, I think once the cable is connected to your laptop and TV, you need to go to your display options and enable it/set it as your primary display device. Unfortunately, I don't think you can do this when the TV/device isn't connected.. so I don't know if there's a solution for you... because obviously if you have no screen you can't see what you are doing to enable the TV.

One idea I can think of.. if you have another computer available to you at school. I go to logmein.com and set up an account there.. install the software on your laptop and enable it. Once you get to school, set your laptop up to your TV and go to the other computer.. login to logmein (its a remote desktop program). Now you can use your laptop from another computer and now you can enable your TV as the primary display device. This seems like alot of work though, there might be an easier solution.. if I think of anything I will post it here.

Good luck.
bail3yz is offline   Reply With Quote