MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva Sig

View Single Post

Old 01-17-2009, 04:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
N1
Photobucket

N1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
I try and work on it a bit Plazz but have a lot of problems not making the fighter renders look obtruding, making them appear more natural is the biggest problem for me.
its all about how much time u put into it... im not near the best artist here but heres what i normally do :

first i use quick selection to get the large areas out

then i enlarge the pic to it gets really big and use a 1-2 pxl brush and go around all the edges. ( remember to have a coloured layer underneath so u see the rough parts better )

the feather effects are used sometimes by me but i dont really like em cuz i feel they sometimes "cut" to much into the pic.

ALSO and heres a personal trick of mine....the blur tool.
i know some ppl here wouldnt like using it to smooth the edges but i actually think it works nice ( it has to be a somewhat high quality pic though ) after u have brushed the edges then use the blur tool too smoothen it.
PS. too high pxl on the blur tool will make the edges give out a faint glow. there are several ways to get rid of this but the way i do it is to go over it once more with the eraser to take out the glowing "white" areas the blur might have left behind

N1 is offline   Reply With Quote