MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Belcher planning a move to LHW

View Single Post

Old 01-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Legend
Punishment

The Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level now
Belcher planning a move to LHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oz.ofpain
Cory Brady: What can people expect to see from Alan Belcher in the future?

Alan Belcher: My goal, is to become the best fighter in MMA and definitely the best striker. I think Iím getting closer at becoming the best striker. Iím looking at that belt though. Iím starting to get the confidence and realizing that it is actually possible for me to become champion so Iím going to start coming after some guys. If the UFC is cool with it I wouldnít mind going up to 205 and getting a couple fights in there.

Cory Brady: So youíre considering a move up?

Alan Belcher: Oh yeah. I would definitely fight Rich Franklin or Dan Henderson at 205. It would be interesting just to take a break from cutting weight. I want to stay busy and keep fighting a lot and it would make it a lot easier if I didnít have to worry about cutting weight all the time.
Source:http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/01/...to-205-pounds/

I don't really get this because what could Belcher do at LHW? He has more of a chance at MW.