MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Marcelo Garcia back to MMA in 2009?

View Single Post

Old 01-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
yorT
Champ
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

yorT Is True Champion Of KnowledgeyorT Is True Champion Of KnowledgeyorT Is True Champion Of KnowledgeyorT Is True Champion Of KnowledgeyorT Is True Champion Of KnowledgeyorT Is True Champion Of KnowledgeyorT Is True Champion Of KnowledgeyorT Is True Champion Of KnowledgeyorT Is True Champion Of KnowledgeyorT Is True Champion Of KnowledgeyorT Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Marcelo Garcia back to MMA in 2009?

Quote:
With only one professional fight in MMA, in 2007, Marcelo Garcia can return to the rings in 2009. Sengoku’s middleweight champion, Jorge Santiago trains next to the phenomenon at American Top Team and bet his chips on the fellow for 2009.

"Marcelo Garcia impresses me in training, he’s finally adapted to MMA and I’m sure he’ll give some trouble to his opponents", bets Santiago. In the only fight that he did in the MMA, Marcelinho was defeated by Dae Won Kim with 20 seconds of the second round by medical interruption, due to a cut in the head, at K-1.

About his bets in other categories, Santiago believes that ATT will dominate the events in the United States and in Japan. "At 155lbs, I have to say that Gesias (Cavalcante) is coming very strong and I really believe he’ll beat anyone in this category in 2009. Up to 170, my friend, Thiago Alves (“Pitbull”) is also in great shape. He’s dreaming with this title for a long time and I think he will get it".

In the categories above, Jorginho keeps the optimism. "In the category up to 205lbs, Thiago Silva is in great shape and has great chances to beat (Lyoto) Machida and take the title. At the heavyweights, Antônio "Bigfoot" (Silva) is a monster. I'm sure he’ll beat anyone in Japan. I only hope that the CSAC allows Bigfoot to return to fight in the United States as soon as possible", concluded Santiago.
http://www.tatame.com/2009/01/19/Mar...to-MMA-in-2009

Man I didn't even know he had one MMA fight. I don't know what to think about this He'll beat anyone on the ground but not sure what his stand up looks like. I'd imagine it's pretty shitty.

FFL 3rd +90
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Demian Maia
Martin Kampmann
Nate Diaz
yorT is offline   Reply With Quote