Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC Fight Night : Thursday January 25

1K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  ruban 
#1 ·
Rashad Evans vs. Sean Salmon
Nate Marquardt vs. Dean Lister

Discuss

#2 ·
Dissappointed. The Sean Salmon guy has been fighting for a year. 2 matches a month to get to 9 and 1. I cannot figure out why the UFC would have Bonnar v. Evans a year ago and now we have Evans v.......Salmon????? Should have been Babalu. Or even better, Griffin v. Evans. I think that is most likely where this is heading. Winner of Griffin/Jardine v. Evans then maybe a title shot or 1 more match then title shot.

Son of a *****. I was hoping Rashad's next bout would be a big one.

#5 ·
Nate Vs Dean will be exciting I think. I just hope Lister doesn't lay n pray. He must be learning some ground and pound fighting out of Team Punishment. But we will see. I predict MArquardt to win, but its so close I'll probably change my mind tommorrow

#8 ·
I'm anticipating Lister vs Marquardt. It looks to be a fun grappling match. Lets hope that Lister brings a better gas tank, because he gassed horrible in the Sasaki fight(That 3rd round was painful to watch). It's always nice to see Marquardt get fights.

I seriously couldn't care less about the Rashad fight.

#15 ·
Why are people shitting Lister's last match? The fight was amazing for anyone who appricieates good grappling. Dean had threw on maybe three or four really difficult subs on sasaki in the second round. Sure Dean gassed in the third, but the first two where shows of some crazy ground work.

#16 ·
I don't get it. What's the big deal about Rashad? I saw him on TUF and he had some of the worst fights I have EVER seen. Is there a fight with him that I missed that is making him this reputable guy? Granted he has skill and huge potential but from what I've seen it's like he does it all half-assed and it's hella frustrating to watch :mad:

Fighters who don't put 110% into their matches piss me off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.