Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

145 lbs division...

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  anton 
#1 · (Edited)
if the ufc signs urijah faber, do you think that means we may see a 145 division in the near future?

who do you think would fight/who would cut weight to fight in this div? kid? yves edwards? k-flo?

im personally for it. some of the most exciting fighters are lighter guy (urijah, kid). plus, this is my weight class...:p

#3 ·
Dana White has talked about adding more divisions before and I don't see them making a super heavyweight divison because no US fan would want to see two hugh fat slow guys fight. So the best option is a lighter weight class. And when I mean US fan I mean non-hardcore fans, like the TUF fans the new breed.

#6 ·
unused said:
Dana White has talked about adding more divisions before and I don't see them making a super heavyweight divison because no US fan would want to see two hugh fat slow guys fight. So the best option is a lighter weight class. And when I mean US fan I mean non-hardcore fans, like the TUF fans the new breed.
I agree, I believe it would be easier to to fill up a lighter division then anything above heavyweight since the hw division today is so lackluster... but I don't see this happening anytime soon, he'll have to gain

#7 ·
I really doubt the UFC will create a division for practically one fighter, Faber. Faber has said he doesn't feel comfortable at 155lbs, but I believe he knows he can't compete at that weight. Tyson Griffin destroyed him at 155lbs and Griffin isn't even a top contender for the 155lb belt in the UFC. (I do belive Griffin is the future of the division, just not yet) His victories, have all been against guys most people haven't heard before and that is good reason, either the guys are just beggining and aren't that good yet, or they just aren't that good yet. I honestly dont think Faber could cut it at 155 in the UFC. I think he's scared.

#8 ·
there are alot of fighters in the 135 and 145 divisions. the ufc should start a 140 div to accomodate the two weight classes. my friend is waiting for that day to come so he can wrap some ufc gold around his waist.
originally posted anton
if the ufc signs urijah faber, do you think that means we may see a 145 division in the near future?

who do you think would fight/who would cut weight to fight in this div? kid? yves edwards? k-flo?

im personally for it. some of the most exciting fighters are lighter guy (urijah, kid). plus, this is my weight class...
look out for mike easton out of team lloyd irvin if thats your weight class. he just knocked out one the brazilian top team guys at fury fc in brazil.

#9 · (Edited)
Ghizman said:
I really doubt the UFC will create a division for practically one fighter, Faber. Faber has said he doesn't feel comfortable at 155lbs, but I believe he knows he can't compete at that weight. Tyson Griffin destroyed him at 155lbs and Griffin isn't even a top contender for the 155lb belt in the UFC. (I do belive Griffin is the future of the division, just not yet) His victories, have all been against guys most people haven't heard before and that is good reason, either the guys are just beggining and aren't that good yet, or they just aren't that good yet. I honestly dont think Faber could cut it at 155 in the UFC. I think he's scared.
umm yea, because he is a 145 lbs fighter...i dont see your point. you think it's easy to gain uncomfortable weight and then fight guys that are naturally bigger than you? no. faber fights guys his size and destroys them on a regular basis.

im not suggesting making a weight class around one guy, but the signing of a big name 145 lbs fighter might open the doors for one.

there a LOTS of 135-145 lbs fighters out there as well as LWs that would probably cut down.

to name a few:

faber
kid
k-flo
yves edwards
jens pulver?
mark homminick

as well as MANY others you have no clue about because they haven't fought in the ufc such as farrell's friend and myself.

that's a solid cast n crew right there.

#10 ·
there a LOTS of 135-145 lbs fighters out there as well as LWs that would probably cut down.

to name a few:

faber
kid
k-flo
yves edwards
jens pulver?
mark homminick

as well as MANY others you have no clue about because they haven't fought in the ufc such as farrell's friend and myself.

Your gonna fight? Whats your name? Do you even have a record? If I'm wrong I'll shut up, but prove you a fighter because anyone on a keyboard can say there a fighter. I by the way am an inplanetary samurai....haha

#11 ·
anton said:
umm yea, because he is a 145 lbs fighter...i dont see your point. you think it's easy to gain uncomfortable weight and then fight guys that are naturally bigger than you? no. faber fights guys his size and destroys them on a regular basis.

im not suggesting making a weight class around one guy, but the signing of a big name 145 lbs fighter might open the doors for one.

to name a few:

faber
kid
k-flo
yves edwards
jens pulver?
mark homminick

that's a solid cast n crew right there.
dont forget about miguel torres, and ryan ackerman. my buddy mike was supposed to fight miguel, but it got screwed up. mike just needs to fight one of these guys with a bigger name to show the world who he is, then its on. im hoping we will be able to see him get a fight with urijah.

#12 ·
Ghizman said:
Your gonna fight? Whats your name? Do you even have a record? If I'm wrong I'll shut up, but prove you a fighter because anyone on a keyboard can say there a fighter. I by the way am an inplanetary samurai....haha
i didnt say i was gona fight in the ufc. i said there are load of fighters out there between 135-145.

and yes, i do fight...but proving anything to you is not really on the top of my list :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.