Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Michael Bisping = Future LHW Champion

2K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  e-thug 
#1 · (Edited)
i'm tipping this guy to become the future light heavy weight champ, he won tuf3 and i havn't heard alot about him since, i know he's schedueled to fight on the liddell v ortiz card. i was so impressed with him in that series i just wondered what everyone else thought.

#27 ·
may be i do idolise chuck too much, but the guy just beats everyone who's put in front of him his last loss was against rampage in 2003 and since then he's just looked awesome, chuck put's all his opponents away convincingly he knocks everyone out, tito just hasn't done this he beat shamrock twice and we have to be honest he wasn't half the fighter he used to be, he only just beat griffin and even the cote fight was poor, tito has shown me nothing to convince me he's even gonna cause chuck a problem. you have to be realistic, your right chuck is human but he's the best lhw human in the ufc and just too good for tito.

#28 ·
^Agreed.

Too many fans equate machismo and bravado with fighting ability. If Tito and Chuck were going to have a battle of talking smack I'm sure Ortiz would have a great shot at winning...but unfortunately for Tito it's an actual fight against a much better opponent and he's going to lose.

#29 ·
Mr. Bungle said:
^Agreed.

Too many fans equate machismo and bravado with fighting ability. If Tito and Chuck were going to have a battle of talking smack I'm sure Ortiz would have a great shot at winning...but unfortunately for Tito it's an actual fight against a much better opponent and he's going to lose.

I don't know...Chuck has some killer one-liners.. like "F*ckin' *****." I actually think Chuck would win if they had a trash talking fight. :laugh:

#32 ·
I don't see anyone in the lightheavyweight division that can compete with Bisping, (once Liddell and Ortiz retire) and he's still relatively young. I was surprised at how much improvement he showed over the course of the show, and if he did that between the finale and his next fight, well, his opponent is toast.

#33 ·
rampage,chuck,tito and babalu will rule the division until they get old, maybe in like 15 years from now bisping will be champ.

babalu and tito are still relatively young, im not exactly sure how old rampage is but he probly in his early or mid 30's. cuck will retire soon withtin 2-3 years probably.

#34 ·
JawShattera said:
rampage,chuck,tito and babalu will rule the division until they get old, maybe in like 15 years from now bisping will be champ.

babalu and tito are still relatively young, im not exactly sure how old rampage is but he probly in his early or mid 30's. cuck will retire soon withtin 2-3 years probably.

Okay, how can you possibly say that Rampage, Chuck, Tito *hahaha* and Babalu are better then Bisping? How many times have you seen Bisping fight? What do you know about his history, his record, his experience, training etc? It never ceases to amaze me how people rate fighters based on how many times they've happened to see them.

I have a news flash for you THE UFC FIGHTERS ARE NOWHERE NEAR THE BEST IN THE WORLD...THEY'RE ONLY THE BEST IN THE UFC.

Douche.

#35 ·
JawShattera said:

rampage is 28 years young, you do come out with some rubbish every now and again, bisping's standup is superior to tito and all he's gotta work on is his wrestling and ground game so i reckon in about 2 years he'll be getting a title shot

#36 ·
Mr. Bungle said:
Okay, how can you possibly say that Rampage, Chuck, Tito *hahaha* and Babalu are better then Bisping? How many times have you seen Bisping fight? What do you know about his history, his record, his experience, training etc? It never ceases to amaze me how people rate fighters based on how many times they've happened to see them.

I have a news flash for you THE UFC FIGHTERS ARE NOWHERE NEAR THE BEST IN THE WORLD...THEY'RE ONLY THE BEST IN THE UFC.

Douche.
Since Bisping hails from England, it is a little harder to catch one of his fights as compared to the other fighters you listed. So it's only natural people are gonna base his skill off of the UFC bouts he has taken part in. He does boast an undefeated record, but that means little when he steps into the octagon. And whether you'd like to admit it or not, Liddell, Tito, and Rampage are world class fighters. They've all beaten world class opponents and should be given that respect. Bisping has yet to face a world class fighter. Then i'll make my call on whether or not he is Champion material. As of now, it's a no.

#39 ·
And if you think that rating fighters based on how much you've happened to see them is sensible then you're a imbecile.

I have another news flash for you FIGHTERS DONT WIN OR LOSE BASED ON POPULARITY

Well most of the time they don't, unfortunately UFC fights that end in decisions often seem to go the way that most benefits their pocket book.

#40 ·
Mr. Bungle said:
Can you Ortiz lovers promise me something? When he gets his ass handed to him again by Chuck will you please refrain from putting him in any lists of "alleged" decent fighters.

Christ the UFC talent pool blows and a guy like Bisping, who's been fighting virtually his entire life, will waltz through it. Just because you douche bags haven't seen him fight much doesn't mean shit.

Phuck you people dumb.

wicked post!

bisping is a great fighter...and its not his fault the people against him on TUF suck...like most TUF contenders do.

Ortiz is not world class...he is UFC class at best. I think babalu would take out Ortiz...and I really want to see that fight.

Next thing...someone mentioned Forrest Griffin as a better fighter than Bisping. Bisping would hand Forrests ass to him...Bisping would out strike Forrest 10 fold...straight up!

NaChOmAmA

Cant wait to see ortiz cry about another thumb in the eye! Or that Chuck hit him in the overies!

its gonna be awesome1

#41 ·
gibboeng9 said:
i'm tipping this guy to become the future light heavy weight champ, he won tuf3 and i havn't heard alot about him since, i know he's schedueled to fight on the liddell v ortiz card. i was so impressed with him in that series i just wondered what everyone else thought.
This whole thread kinda contradicts your sig...
the iceman is unstoppable
How can he be unstoppable if you think Bisping will be champ?

Anyways....as far as Bisping goes, I think he is a good fighter, but I never understood why there was so much hype over him. I mean unless you've seen all his other fights, the two we saw him fight in on TUF wasn't that great. Well atleast the competition wasn't that great. I need to see him fight some real fighters like Griffen, Babalu, or even Rashad, not that I think he is that great, but he is better than Josh and Ross).

#43 ·
NaChOmAmA said:
wicked post!

bisping is a great fighter...and its not his fault the people against him on TUF suck...like most TUF contenders do.

Ortiz is not world class...he is UFC class at best. I think babalu would take out Ortiz...and I really want to see that fight.

Next thing...someone mentioned Forrest Griffin as a better fighter than Bisping. Bisping would hand Forrests ass to him...Bisping would out strike Forrest 10 fold...straight up!

NaChOmAmA

Cant wait to see ortiz cry about another thumb in the eye! Or that Chuck hit him in the overies!

its gonna be awesome1
totally agree with everything you said, good post

#44 ·
some people weren't impressed with bisping's proper debut against eric schafer but i thought he kicked some ass and showed he's gonna be around for a while, i honestly think he'll be the next ufc lhw champ, he might not get a chance to fight chuck as chuck might retire and i don't think he could beat chuck for about 2 years anyway but he'll definately be chuck's succeeder

#45 ·
Mr. Bungle said:

Douche.
Ok Bungle are you convinced now? Bisping has fought one fight in the UFC against a sub par fighter and grant it he won, he showed many holes in his game and I think anyone who knows mma knows that he is nowhere near ready for a title shot, or ready to fight a top notch fighter for that matter.

It makes perfect sense to rate fighters on what you've seen. You have no business rating a fighter if youve never seen him fight, that my friend is stupidity. I hope someday you'll be convinced that UFC and Pride is the big leagues and just because a guys good somewhere else doesnt mean theyll do good there, no matter how much you wanna believe that the UFC is the minor leagues.

#46 ·
asskicker said:
Ok Bungle are you convinced now? Bisping has fought one fight in the UFC against a sub par fighter and grant it he won, he showed many holes in his game and I think anyone who knows mma knows that he is nowhere near ready for a title shot, or ready to fight a top notch fighter for that matter.

It makes perfect sense to rate fighters on what you've seen. You have no business rating a fighter if youve never seen him fight, that my friend is stupidity. I hope someday you'll be convinced that UFC and Pride is the big leagues and just because a guys good somewhere else doesnt mean theyll do good there, no matter how much you wanna believe that the UFC is the minor leagues.
agreed!:thumbsup:

#48 ·
Mr. Bungle said:

Douche.

I can't stand Bungle. I wish I knew where his hatered for the UFC comes from. He constantly spouts crap about how terrible the UFC is. About how is is a popularity contest and sh**. He just doesen't know what he is talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.