Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

GSP "not buying this BJ going on vacation thing, all set up" + answers about steroids

4K views 46 replies 35 participants last post by  Couchwarrior 
#1 ·
#6 ·
He's asked where a win over BJ will put him and he responds by saying it will make him a legacy (legend), and I agree. He's asked about BJ's primetime vacation and he says he doesn't believe it, that it's a set up and he wants BJ to be in the best condition because he himself will be in the best condition. True desire for competition. When asked about BJ coming up to 170 he responds with the same sort of thing BJ said...that it's not how strong or big you are, but the skill and technique you use that makes you a better fighter.

On the steroid use he responds that he's tested all the time (which I'm sure he is) and all they have to do is come test him to see. He goes on to say he was always good at every sport and is very athletic. And those saying he uses steroids are jealous (which I agree with). About the "to the death" comment BJ made, he says the same, that it's the referee's job to stop the fight and that he goes in the octagon with the same mindset; To the death. He's asked about Las Vegas being his home-away-from-home and he responds saying that most people go to Vegas for the fights, they don't necessarily live there. So the crowd will be full of people from Hawaii, Canada, all over the US and even the world.

That's my summary ;) Hope it helps. I have to say that GSP is a great human being and deserves to win the fight against BJ if only because he's more humble and mature. I do believe he's the better fighter, but it's true that anything can happen in a fight....

#13 ·
BJ is just doing whats good for business... and evidently its working well. He's getting people to FEEL SOMETHING about the fight that will make them care about the outcome. It's a good strategy (especially if he is getting a % of the ppv buys).

I think BJ is a decent person. He is usually respectful after his fights. But before the fight he has to hype it up. It keeps him in high visibility mode. He is more than a fighter he is an entertainer. I don't take any of his comments to heart.

Besides, I like watching him fight. He performs.

I can't wait for this matchup.

#30 ·
I agree with this, to an extent. Usually yeah, he's just hyping the fight and afterwards he's respectful, if he wins. I think if he loses to GSP maybe he won't be so respectful as if he had won ;)
You're right though, it's made me have an emotional response to the fight, which makes me want to watch it even more.

#17 ·
I think GSP is taking BJ too seriously.. to think BJ would form such a plot and cause bad(or worse) relationship with Dana just to play into GSP's head..

However, i think the editing made BJ look like he was on a real vacation. If you ask me, after all that sh*tstorm he will get from everybody, he is probably back into the gym.

Im no pro figher, but im pretty sure you take vacations a few days before the fight, but not during your training..

I just hope if GSP wins, it wont be because BJ gassed.

And i hope if BJ wins, it is because he fought a war and showed his vacation was benefitial.

Either way, i hope for a good fight, i am really curious to see if GSP will keep it standing or on the ground.. my guess is that he will take the first 2 rounds to the ground, if not more rounds.

#18 ·
Lol so you're saying BJ was trying to hide something from Dana White by having professional camera crew track his every move, and us being able to watch both ends of his manager's "lying" conversation on the phone. You guys realize that if you've really lying to someone, you don't stare straight into his camera crew and act it out for the guy and a million viewers to see on national television?? Cameras don't just float around you know, the whole thing was shot as a pre-fight hype story line, and dumb hard to believe one at that.

#20 ·
Of course the BJ vacation was set up. Would Penn be like "oh boy I hope Dana doesn't find out about this even though I've got the whole UFC Primetime crew out here filming me like there's no tomorrow". I'm not claiming that he is Einstein reborn, but he's not that retarded.

I don't think GSP was serious though when he said that athleticism won't be a determining factor in the fight. I think it would be stupid of him not to use it to his advantage, putting on a furious pace right from the beginning until BJ gasses. I sure hope BJ won't be able to lure him into standing and trading punches one at a time, because then BJ will get the better out of it for sure.

#31 ·
Penn would never retract a statement. I can't even picture him if he loses (which scares me slightly as a GSP fan), but you can bet he'll be a poor loser regardless of the outcome. Here's what I think will occur post-fight:

BJ Penn:
"If the fans wanted to pay to see two guys wreslte around, I wouldn't be signed with the UFC, and Georges could be champion all he wants. I came here to fight, and I thought Georges was going to do the same."

GSP: "I was not imbressed wit his parformance."

#28 ·
I don't think it was a ploy by BJ to set up he wasn't training hard and taking vacations- it seemed clear to me by the production of the first show that this was Dana's way of one- getting some face time and two- a way to create some stupid ass drama for the show.

I don't think BJ did this, I don't GSP cares one way or the other and I think Dana was just trying to stir things up for ratings and hype.

GSP wants BJ to be at his absolute top form so he can beat him at that form to silence the crap from the first fight and cement his "LEGO-C". Win or lose GSP wants to fight the best BJ Penn and isn't buying this reality TV bullshit.

That's how I see anyway.

#46 ·
I don't know if Bj sais that GSP is on steroids to hype up the fight or not. But to say something like that and then pretend like their cool is just not right. I know after GSP lays a beating on him his going to give gsp a hug and what not or some bs like that. You insult the mans achievements you guys should not be alright until u apologize and even then it would leave a bad taste in my mouth. Bj is a prick and i hope GSP sends him back to the 155p division.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.