MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - swpthleg's training log

View Single Post

Old 01-26-2009, 10:48 PM   #90 (permalink)
swpthleg
Curitiba Food and Liquor

swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Mon 1-26: 1 hour TKD conditioning (jump rope, pushups, situps, kicking/blocking/punching drills on the pads, jumping jacks, squat thrusts.
Tue: 4.5 mile run, 10 min bike.
wed: 4.5 mile run, 15 min bike. I'm not doing HIIT but I am doing interval training, where I run at 6.8 or 7.0 for a couple minutes, then have a longer recovery period. Toward the end of the run I'll try to sustain the higher speed for longer. I have no idea if this is good to do, but at that point, I just want to finish. I will be dropping my speed just a little next week b/c I want to get past the 5-mile mark on a regular basis again.
thur: 20 min mad pad work/10 min abs, at 8 i have self-defense sparring with the usual jump rope/pushup/situp warmup, then hopefully renduri (similar to the "sharktank" mentioned by Illmatic) which is everyone takes turns punking on you and you have to work a certain technique and you have so long to get them off you.
fri: rest day, competition tomorrow, icing shins etc. they got banged up in sparring. not freaking out yet but I probably will be once I get there.

Sig Credit to Toxic

Last edited by swpthleg : 01-30-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: tue wed thur fri
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote