1. What do you guys tend to do at your gyms?
We will learn moves for 40-50 mins (doing them on eachother) and train for 10-20 mins. If it's the advanced class we will train for a little longer.
2. Can dudes grapple with girls?
Yes, it's not viewed as a sexual thing but it is only allowed if the girl is comfortable. Since you're new then I wouldn't suggest just walking up to a girl to roll lol.
3. Do you get sweat on a lot while on the ground?
Yes, take baths religiously after practice. 4 letters... MRSA
4. Is there a gayness factor? Not trying to be insulting/offensive but are there some typical criteria to follow when im on my back and a dudes on top of me?
Not at all. You are worried about getting to a better position and tapping the guy out. Now when you try the moves on your girl at night THEN you can be sexual lol. Teach her the triangle choke lol
5. Is it weird to start, or will I become acquainted with guys being in these positions with me?
It's a little nerve racking if you roll with some guy that has an ego. It depends on your coach too. If your coach is cool then he'll put you with an older student and have them work with you on basics. You should not be free rolling your first day... It wouldn't be fun for you.
Good luck bro! Most of all just have a blast! I love it and I can't wait till class today at 6 p.m. =)