MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - New Year, New Log: -GSP-'s W/O Log

View Single Post

Old 02-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #48 (permalink)
-GSP-
Flyweight

-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by wukkadb View Post
What Sheiko template is that? How was the volume?
http://web.archive.org/web/200505050...otraining1.htm

-The volume was alright, nothing overboard or overwhelming during the workout. The hardest part was keeping my attention span to do each set then take a 15 second break (on the lighter sets) - 2 minute break (heavy sets) respectively.

A day after the workout, well, it wasn't the same story. Legs were hurting and the chest was pretty sore, too. I went ATG on all my squats with negatives and pushed my glutes out stressing on form. Could have went heavier on the squatting but I didn't really know what to expect so I'll settle for what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation
Is it just me, or has Sheiko style training become the new black in 08?
I don't know. None of my friends had any idea what it was but they're more concerned about being lean. There's only one person that I workout with regularly that incorporates explosive olympic lifts in their routine which is a shame.

I'm really not too keen on sticking with a program but I heard rave reviews on how this will improve your squat, the conditioning/endurance of the bench (not so much the 1RM), and definitely help build an explosive deadlift.

I really need to work on my three main lifts and that's what I intend on doing. I've never truly had a sound base in any of those.

Squat: 300 lbs (3/4's ROM or full ROM)
Deadlift: 375 lbs
Bench: 275 (Touch and Go)

^^
My main goals that I'm working towards right now and hope I hit by summer. Hopefully this program will help.
-GSP- is offline   Reply With Quote