MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Back to Basics

Thread: Back to Basics
View Single Post

Old 02-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #122 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Bottom Escapes

Sorry. I've clearly been neglecting this thread. But I'm gonna try and get back on the grappling advice stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon6991 View Post
Hey everyone dishing out advice, I was wondering if anyone could link me to some vids of bottom escapes. I dont practice BJJ at a school, I'm looking for some help with my bottom game in wrestling. Gi or no gi doesnt really make a difference, I think just seeing anything would help. Thanks a bunch. I've got a solid switch, and can usually sit out pretty well, and the peterson and zambooie (I know i didnt spell that right) are all down, but getting into a position where those are handy is my problem.
I'd post videos, but some of the escapes are kind of complicated and very specific. Saulo's running escape is good from side control, but that's really the only one that works substantially at a beginner level.

Really, just work on popping your hips and shrimping your hips out. This is the best way to escape to the guard, whether from side control or mount. It forces the action on your opponent, while he's looking to slow the game down, and that's the way you want to make it go down. Just drill that one.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote