MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Back to Basics

Thread: Back to Basics
View Single Post

Old 02-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #129 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPFightFan View Post
Hey man I got a question for you.

After I pass, and get to North-South, what can I do from there? Any submissions or do you recommend something else.

Thanks man.
Yeah, I love this position, so it's always good.

First is obviously the north/south choke. Just wrap the arm around the neck in a guillotine grip. To finish, take your weight off of his body and on to his neck as if you're sprawling, but without your chest on his body.

A lot of guys will try and push you off to escape, or at least they'll try and wrap an arm around your body. An easy tap from here is to step to the knee on belly and swing the leg over the head to get the armbar.

Those are the easy ones. If you feel yourself loosing the armbar, it's pretty easy to transition to the hammer-lock (aka the kimura grip) and sink it in deeper or go for the kimura.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote