Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

sotw?

3K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  Gara 
#1 ·
When will there be another SOTW? Its been awhile and I was just wondering?

#8 ·
The problem with the SOTW is everyone says they want it but then when we make one there aren't a lot of people signing up or we get enough people and then a few forget to make sigs and there's only like 6 entries.

It's also tough to think of new and creative topics every week.

I'll see what I can do about having one for next week though.

#11 ·
I had this idea for a while MJ. I was thinking we can have the SOTW's and the winners would pick the topic for the following SOTW.

Not much but something I had in mind. It would bring a lot of different ideas from different members, given that you and plazz don't win them all lol. But yea, that's my little idea.

#12 ·
I want to see a K-1 competition dammit.

#13 ·
I used to run it on a different gaming forum, and we did topic like: Vehicles, Gaming then split that into subtopics like Shooters, Fantasy, etc. Topics like Animals, Extreme sports, roller coasters (lol), Anime, Space, The Sky.

You can do topics that leave the sig up to the Imagination, like say the topic is "Time", that is really wide open to interpretation.

Reactions: pliff
#25 ·
Well you know me and Steph are always locks for entering. off topic kinda but I think we should do another poster design contest, I really enjoyed that one.

#27 ·
I know threads like this annoy me because you get like 15 people saying they want in, then the entry thread comes up and we cant get 8.

#37 ·
I wouldnt hold your breathe the thing is that we get one of these threads every couple months and everyone says they want to join, they put up a SOTW competition and maybe the first one gets a decent turn out but by the second its down to 6 of us and at best 5 including MJB who half the time only enters to give us extra numbers actually enter a piece. Besides since thread has to stay open waiting for more people to enter the whole thing just completly loses all momentum. I have ran a couple before and its tougher than you think because you need to be able to almost guarantee a certain time frame for the polls and shit and people get a little uneasy about when are the polls going up the minute your work//school or personal life interfere with it. In short MJB has given everyone probably 4 chances at redemption and despite the best of intentions the results are always the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.