MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bjj

Thread: Bjj
View Single Post

Old 07-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
I like BJJ.org, but it does have a kind of onesided approach that the Gracie's had at the early UFCs. BJJ is not the only answer.
At this moment in time, it seems to be the only credible and verifiable route that a lot of aspiring grapplers can go. If you try to find places that do Sambo, Catch, or Submission Wrestling, it is very hard to find credible places at this moment (at least in the U.S.). A lot of times you will find that those types of places will usually have an experienced BJJ instructor there anyways.

The only route that I know that would be just as easy to verify would be a place to study Judo. But even then, due to the amount of time that Judo has been popular/available, you still run into the chance of ending up in some "McDojo."

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!

Last edited by Onganju : 07-06-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote