Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Best Methods of Shin Conditioning?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  jcal 
#1 ·
Anyone have any pointers on speeding up the shin conditioning process?

I don't think I'm quite ready for kicking benches or anything that dramatic, but I would like to speed the process up because I'm getting pretty sick of having to walk around like a nancy boy whenever I spar and throw kicks.

#6 ·
Asians kick bamboo tree's with their shin repeatedly to build strenghth in the Bones.....

In mot a Doctor: BUT.....your bones inside have little roots or support fibers called"trebeculi" and these can actually be stengthened by repeated blows to that are......however, Cory Hill prime exapmple hadnt built the trebecyli enough to sustain the impact on that area......

look it up its an intresting read......:thumb02:

#8 ·
I heard that when you hit something that is more or same level dense as your bone - you get bone damage -> something has to give in and it's softer material which is bone in this case... If you are not planning to fight professionally it's not worth it.

IMO the best way is to kick heavy bags - there are different heavy bags though - some are soft and some are hard, so make sure it's the hard ones. Kicking/checking is not so bad with shin guards on (make sure it's not super-protective ones).+ Do work on conditioning the thighs and body, so that you can take kicks less painfully without checking :)

#10 ·
Kicking the banana bag is a good place to start. Kick it repetitively with your shin like 25x each leg and go from there. Also LITE contact sparring is good too. It takes time and kicking peoples shins with your own shin is really not good for ya. Real muaythai kickboxers dont last too long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.