MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 02-27-2009, 01:32 AM   #203 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Woohoo, first day back. I feel decent, my stomachs still a bit weak but my appetite has been getting stronger exponentially. I couldn't eat for 24 hours there.

Muay Thai
10 Mins skipping, 5 rounds of 5 minutes on the heavy bag, 5 or so ab exercises, 100 rep sets, Pele you bastard. I wasn't expecting any mercy today and I definitely got none. I was pretty tired at everything, the body's definitely not optimal, but it's enough that I can get back into the swing of things without interfering too much. I didn't do MMA because I was feeling drained.

Tomorrow our trainer fights to defend his lightweight belt. (Kajan Johnson in montreal, XMMA)

While I'm at it, I might as well do some shameless promotion for Kajan.Sherdog Profile

Kajan's 14-10-1. It's easy to be mislead by the record, but Kajan started fighting after only 2 months of training. He also fought 9 times in that first year. Lately, he's 9-1-1 in his last 11, and keeping up a steady pace.

Tomorrow night he's rematching against his only draw. I haven't seen the first fight, but I heard that it was a close decision, and he was fighting a french Canadian fighter in Montreal, so things are a bit questionable. He's under those circumstances again.

Here's his most recent fight, I think they were hoping for a bit more from the other guy.

Another

And one more.

He's also a ******* awesome trainer, but that doesn't matter to anyone here.

Last edited by illmatic : 02-27-2009 at 01:36 AM.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote