MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Help with training

View Single Post

Old 02-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
TheNegation
Banned

TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben0727945311 View Post
i cant do squats and dead-lifts because it puts weight on my back and seeing as im 16 my spine hasn't fused yet

no my gym is small so it doesn't have classes at all
Thats a myth my amigo. Whoever told you that is full of shit. Other myths include the idea that squatting high is better for your knees than full squatting, and that heavy lifting will make you look like a powerlifter/strongman.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...full/121/4/835

I would be way further now if I had started training propery at your age.

Without classes, you will just have to watch a lot of videos, read a lot of articles and videtape your own form to make sure it is ok. It's what I had to do.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote