MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - College Baseball?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 12:16 PM
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
Originally Posted by Walker View Post

Texas went to 9-0 after beating Penn St. 9-0 yesterday with a 9th inning no-no being pitched by Brandon Workman. He screwed up up the whole 9 thingy with throwing 10 Ks though.

ZZ- I figured you would be a fan considering LSU's great baseball tradition.
Yeah I assumed you would be too especially with the recent history at UT...Workman is scary good on the mound.

I actually went to some Skip Bertman camps in the 90's and they recruited my cousin a bit but he ended up getting a full ride somewhere else and now coaches at Northern Iowa (home to Kurt Warner...LOL)...Bertman is the best thing to happen to LSU athletics. 5 National titles as a baseball coach...a couple of great hire in Mainieri, Saban, Miles, Johnson, and Van Chancellor. But our college is looking really great in the 4 biggest sports in the SEC (track, football, basketball, and baseball)...I can't remember the last time we won an outright regular season title in b-ball. And we are ranked #1 in baseball and looking good with just about every starter batting over.400.

So much promise...but then again. It ain't crunch time yet. I would be pleased with another appearance in the CWS and a sweet 16 in b-ball. But obviously want to win both.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome