MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - College Baseball?

View Single Post

Old 03-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
ZZtigerZZ81
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY

ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post

Texas went to 9-0 after beating Penn St. 9-0 yesterday with a 9th inning no-no being pitched by Brandon Workman. He screwed up up the whole 9 thingy with throwing 10 Ks though.

ZZ- I figured you would be a fan considering LSU's great baseball tradition.
Yeah I assumed you would be too especially with the recent history at UT...Workman is scary good on the mound.

I actually went to some Skip Bertman camps in the 90's and they recruited my cousin a bit but he ended up getting a full ride somewhere else and now coaches at Northern Iowa (home to Kurt Warner...LOL)...Bertman is the best thing to happen to LSU athletics. 5 National titles as a baseball coach...a couple of great hire in Mainieri, Saban, Miles, Johnson, and Van Chancellor. But our college is looking really great in the 4 biggest sports in the SEC (track, football, basketball, and baseball)...I can't remember the last time we won an outright regular season title in b-ball. And we are ranked #1 in baseball and looking good with just about every starter batting over.400.

So much promise...but then again. It ain't crunch time yet. I would be pleased with another appearance in the CWS and a sweet 16 in b-ball. But obviously want to win both.