MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log
View Single Post
post #210 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
I drove to the gym on saturday to find to my dismay that they close at like 6:00PM. That sucks. I watched some Demian Maia BJJ Dvds with the trainining partner, at least.

Explosive Conditioning

Clean and Jerk 3,3,3 @ 105lbs
Snatch 3,3,3 @ 65lbs

Burpee Circuit
1:30, rest, 1:30

10lbs to the olympic lifts. Starting to get more familiar with them and so we slowly increase the weight. I added the burpees today. I think they'll be great for maintaining explosiveness and building endurance. I got my ass kicked by them today, my legs felt like rubber and I burned out faster than I expected. This kind of sucks, but it's also a good thing because I've found a weak spot that will provide alot of improvement with work. I also have to wonder how the effects of the stomach flu that started 8 days could still be lingering, can't use that as an excuse anymore though.

The short term goal is to do a mock amateur fight in burpees. 3 rounds of 3 minutes with 1 minute rest inbetween. The long term goal is to do a mock championship pro fight in burpees (5x5 minutes). I want to reach the long term goal by the time I fight, I don't know if this is doable yet, but we'll find out. It's about 16 weeks until I fight, which means 16 sessions of these. I might do them twice a week if I'm not on pace and I can squeeze it into the already demanding schedule. This and the barbell complex are going to be the heart of my cardio.

BJJ tonight.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome