MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Possible Final 16 Max fighters

View Single Post

Old 03-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
MLS
Banned

MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevrsummr13 View Post
why isnt Yod in this?
He would most likely just run through it unless he had a rematch with Andy which would be fun since the first fight was extremely close.

Some more I have found out.

Quote:
1) Tanikawa supposdly is trying to bring some foreigners who are able to beat some of the old vets. He was saying that he hopes there will be 4 faces in the final 8 which are new compared to last year.

Rumored names: (In addition to the above ones)

Holzken, El Hadji, Zhabar Askerov, Petrosyan. Actually as far as El and Zhabar are concerned Tanikawa only spoke about strong fighters from Marocco or UAE. Those 2 names are interpretations.

2)Most of the names I had on my last list are pretty sure to make an appearance. It's not predictions but information. 1-12 definitely in -if they want themselves - and Lima is most likely in.

3) JWP and Yod have not been mentioned as far as I know.

4) Bad news for all the zambidies fans: I heard that tanikawa is thinking about not giving him a space this year. But it's not decided yet.

5) There will be korea max on 20.03.2009, the winner will most likely get a final 16 spot. Participating fighters:

Chi bin Lim, So Hwan Lee, In Jin Chi, ...

There will be a superfight between Garyu and Yong So Choi as well as a women superfight.
If Holzken and Petrosyan get in, nothing can beat MAX, nothing.
MLS is offline   Reply With Quote