Who wins?

• Rampage Jackson

Votes: 63 52.5%
  • Rashad Evans

Votes: 59 49.2%

Jackson vs. Evans: who wins?

3K views 55 replies 45 participants last post by  orion197777 
#1 ·
Just conducting a non-scientific poll here.

#3 ·
rashads game has improved alot in his last few fights, espcially his stand up but i still give the edge on the feet to rampage, it think rahsahds takedown and tdd are beter then rampages but overall i see rampage winning

#4 ·
I hope he gets a good rest and comes in with a better arsenal cause he looked really one dimensional against Jardine despite the take downs. It looked like he came out for a kickboxing match, its shocking how similar he fought like Chuck.

#5 ·
I think Rashad it seemed like they had a good gameplan last night for Rampage (Jardine that is) and now that it's over Evans should have an almost perfect blueprint going into this fight.

#6 ·
TBH, I don't think Rampage will be able to keep up with the pace and that Rashad brings. Coupled with his speed, power, movement and solid chin, it could be a bad night for Rampage.

Like I stated earlier Rampage is extremely flat footed, robotic, never checks kicks, and is always looking to throw power shots. He's very predictable. If he can catch Rashad clean he can put him away but again the way Rashad moves and the volume of shots he can throw in comparison to Jackson will be the deciding factor. I also think Rashad is the better wrestler.

#10 ·
TBH I think it depends on when it takes place. If it goes ahead at 98 as planned then I'd pick Rashad cos Rampage looked pretty slow and a lot more flat-footed than usual last night, I really think he needs some rest-time. Then again people never look that good against Jardine (unless they finish him in the first minute) so it could have just been Keiths style throwing him off.

If something happens to delay the fight and Rampage can get some rest and then a good training camp then I'd pick him to stop Rashad. If Rampage can get his cardio up to where it was in the Henderson fight then I think he can outlast Evans cos I've never really been impressed with Rashad's cardio. I think a good rest combined with a good training camp will bring Rampage coming into this fight sharp and with the gas to go 5 harder than Rashad.

If it's at 98 then I'll take Rashad by UD or maybe some sort of late stoppage but if it gets put back a month or 2 then I think Rampage will stop him some time in the third cos I think he's a better boxer with a lot more power and I think he'd be the fresher fighter at that point aswell.

#11 ·
Rashad vs Rampage will be awesome.

Rashad is a slow starter he doesn't score points well at all standing. In fact he's lost a round in every UFC fight except for Lambert and Salmon and he didn't look good in round 1 of either of those fights.

Against a guy like Rampage with that kind of power being a slow starter could be really bad.

However I'm picking Rashad. Rampage really is bad off his back. Luckly for him the UFC LHW division is full of guys who strike but if Rashad takes him down with the power he packs even as small as he is Rampage would be in trouble.

This fight makes me so happy just because it's so interesting they are both so fun to watch standing and their styles mix perfect.

#13 ·
WTF is wrong with this poll, 54% + 48% :laugh:

I'm picking Rashad too, especially if they fight at UFC 98. I think he can take Page's shots and can out point him standing using his speed and movement. Too bad he doesn't use leg kicks as much as Keith though. Rashad displayed some very good top game against Forrest and if he gets on top, Page could be in "trouble". However the same thing could be said about Rashad as Page's GnP is vicious and we haven't much of Rashad's game while at the bottom. Lastly, the fact that Jardine already fought Page will be of great help IMO.

I see Rashad losing the 1st round or 2 and winning the later rounds or getting a late ref stoppage.

Rashad via UD or late TKO.

#18 ·
Im thinking Rashad should beat him, but then i remember what Rampage did to Chuck Liddell twice, and what he does to counter punches, he really is a counter punchers worst nightmare,

And i think we are gonna see a Rashad who will only wanna stand, and i think Rampage might end his night.

\

....Then Machida becomes the champ

#19 ·
Rashad will most likely beat Rampage IMO. I think he has comparable KO power, but does it about 10 times faster. I also think his wrestling is above and beyond Rampage's by a mile. Unless, Rampage scores a flash KO, he loses this fight in every scenerio if you ask me.

But it's all relative anyway since these are all just motions until Machida gets his shot.

#20 ·
I think he has comparable KO power, but does it about 10 times faster. I also think his wrestling is above and beyond Rampage's by a mile. Unless, Rampage scores a flash KO, he loses this fight in every scenerio if you ask me.
No, I don't think Rashad's KO power is comparable to Rampages really, we know Rashad can hit hard when he powers up but Rampage is, aside from probably Carwin, P4P the hardest puncher in the UFC. He's got big KO power in both hands and better technical boxing than Evans IMO.

And while Rashad has a better wrestling pedigree than Rampage, his wrestling isn't even on the same level as Kevin Randleman's. Go and watch the Randleman - Rampage fight cos Quinton showed both excellent TDD and clinchwork which IMO, is what's gonna win him this fight. That's provided he comes in fresh of course.

#21 ·
Right I've discounted Rashad in his last two fights because I do not like him because he used to lay n pray and even though he has involved into an exciting fighter and seems like a cool dude, I still refuse to like him or join his bandwagon. So I pick him to win this fight because he has Ko'd his last two top tier opponents in style.

Now obviously because I have picked him he will get KTFO in round one.

#24 ·
I accidentally voted for Jackson, though I think he doesn't stand a chance if he performs like in the Jardine fight. Yes, he won 2 out of 3 rounds, but Evans will not be such an easy target to hit.

[fanboy]Actually I don't care who wins, Machida is going to be champion anyway. :thumb02: [/fanboy]

#33 ·
I think Rashad & Rampage is going to be a close fight. Rampage seams to have more power in both hands than Rashad. Actually, Rampage seams to be overall more powerful. I myself think that Rashad will win this though. His standup seams to better than Rampage's and his ground game seams to be better than Rampages as well. I'd be shocked to see Rashad KO Page, but I dought that'll happen. This fight may go to split decision with Rashad on the winning end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.