MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Switch hitting

Thread: Switch hitting
View Single Post

Old 12-26-2006, 01:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
mrmyz
Bantamweight

mrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura about
switching is easy if youve trained to fight both ways from the begining. I hate it when I see people being trained to fight only one way. Depending on how a fight goes I will switch up for instance when I throw a kick I dont just recoil the kick and go back to a fighting stance. I think thats a waist of an oppertunity and energy. When I throw my kicks ill recoil and if I kicked with my back leg the back leg will then be the front leg and I would have switched.

The advantage in doing this is after the kick your oponent has thrown his weight back when you do that you close some distance and depending on your range your in an oppertunistic striking position. It works if you use alot of front kicks which alot of fighters dont use enough of. You cant really do it with a shin kick.