MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 03-14-2009, 04:40 AM   #226 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Muay Thai

Skip 15 mins, I've reached an almost acceptable level of skipping. Kajan set us on the bags and I got a couple rounds on the pads with him. He seems to be picking out certain combos for me. Did a few rounds pumelling for the clinch, then using full effort, and then neck ups at the end. I'm starting to see how Kajan uses stuff from the pro gym for his own classes.

MMA

Warm up run, a bunch of tumbling. Technique was standing over an opponent on the ground assuming that they'll use de la riva guard on you. All of them are based around coming in with your lead leg's knee digging into their one leg to trap it, while you control the other leg with your hand. From there you can lift the leg and kick it, get decent gnp with your free hand, or pass the ankle to the other hand and come around the side with your shin digging into their hip and their leg stretched out. Good ground and pound from the last one. We just worked those and drilled em.

I didn't do anything thursday and it was much needed. Even today I felt really drained. I tracked my diet for an average day to check up on that end of things. Getting 4000+ calories and 300g+ protein so I should be right where I need to be. So we can assume that any feelings of being drained is either lack of sleep or simply my body's at its current limit. It's nice only working 4 days a week though.

Tomorrow is endurance conditioning, and then some more rest because next week is right around the corner.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote