MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Need some help from Cardio freaks :)

View Single Post

Old 12-28-2006, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Zapatista
Flyweight

Zapatista has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I used to hate cardio too and found that the bike was something that I liked to do, but I personally don't think it is as good as cardio as other options, definitely not just 30 minutes. The bike(s) I used for cardio would keep me in the target heart range for cardio for about 5 to 7 minutes out of a 30 minute time on the bike, which is basically pointless since it was never 5 to 7 consecutive minutes. I found that the elliptical machines are farily nice to be on and they give a better workout, faster, than the bike does.

If you're trying to get into shape for the police, I'd recommend going to your local library and looking up books on police training. You'll most likely be able to find books on exactly what is expected of you for personal fitness throughout police academy and the book should also give you some ideas on how to improve cardio (along with your weight training, but you don't seem, or want, to need help with that)
Zapatista is offline   Reply With Quote