MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - best way to cut bodyfat

View Single Post

Old 03-28-2009, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Scarecrow
Featherweight

Scarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrowley View Post
question.... if hes cutting his carbs and doing lots of cardio and training wont his energy be wayyyyy down and not able to train to his maximum, should he still get most of his carbs????
Yes, which is why this type of dieting should only be used for short periods of time. Personally, I like the carb-cycling diets, where my carb intake is a 150/100/50 gram split, and I repeat every three days. My protein intake averages about 1.5 to 2 grams a day, and my fat intake is around 80 grams a day. I find that this type of dieting for me allows plenty of carbs for energy and protein for muscle sustainment while not overloading my body to a point of adding fat from carb overloads.