MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - starting training tomorrow and i don't have a clue..
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 04:23 AM
The Forum Drunk
Dude we are the same size. I have 3 pounds and change on you and 5 years older :P

Dude if you have a choice take kickboxing and bjj. Im kinda biased because I do those two xD. I only do jitz on Wednesdays and sometimes on open mat saturdays and dude trust me it makes a huge difference. I've always thought mine was good enough but its ridiculous how much better ive gotten at a lot of things in maybe a 6ish weeks.

But back to original topic: dude no one told me this but bring water/gatorade, stretch even before class starts (trust me it really helps) and don't be afraid to take a break when you need it. When I started jitz we did a lot of lunges, frog jumps etc and I went with it because im an ego driven dumbass and I was sore for 4 days after wards. If any of the wiser members read this I'll probably be bitched upon but the only workout I give my legs is running and kicking xD absolutely no lifting etc.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Sig by D.P.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome