MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I need help with training,anything that will improve my skill,strength,and endurance

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
ShootBoxer
Flyweight

ShootBoxer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeagher
My parents back me 100%. And I already do Taekwondo, but my parents can bareley pay for it. I really want to get into bbj but there is only one good school near frankfort. But i am hoping to get a job in a couple months so i might have some extra cash. Emphasis on might.
I know what you mean by cost. There's only one gym locally where I live that trains thai boxing, bjj and sub-wrestling. And, like you, I am short on money to pay for regular classes so I had to find an alternative. So I tried an old school boxing gym that charges $60 a year (full use of equipment AND a trainer!) versus $150 for 3 months of training at the other gym.

So take the advice of some of the guys here and perhaps look for a boxing gym to train at as well as your high school wrestling program.If they have one. Both are excellent starts on the road to your development as a fighter.

You might want to try myfightspace.com to hook up with training partners in your area. That's how I found my grappling partner.