Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Graphics Contest Ideas Thread

48K views 118 replies 18 participants last post by  RangerClydeTheBlue 
#1 ·
Well in order to expand our contests beyond only having signature competitions I'm constantly on the look out for possible contest ideas, so I figure what better way to find them than to ask you guys for your thoughts.

I'll be leaving this thread up so any time you see a great idea feel free to post a link or to make suggestions of your own.

#4 ·
We had a brain storming thread to kinda get an idea what people wanted to see (poster contests and photo manipulation were the clear winners) but this is more specific as in,"I have an idea for a photo manipulation contest where we could make our own animal my like mixing two diffrent animals" know what I mean?

#21 · (Edited)
I think a slightly interesting idea could be a poster for a card but instead of MMA fighters, you have fighters from video games and movies and the like.
I would love to see Layne Staley vs Kurt Cobain or any grunge dude. Just make the fight scheduled to air before 2002, please. RIP, Layne.

...and Kurt

Oh! What if we had like a general MMA logo contest? every time I go to search for one online, it's just a bunch of garbage. Who knows? maybe we'll make it big in here.

#17 ·
You know CB when you mention the comic book idea its funny cause I was gonna do a sig with Lesnar and Carwin with a the Hulk vs The Thing theme.

#24 ·
competition idea for a later date

i was thinking about this whilst dong teh cold war comp

basicly its a car competition where we have a picture of a car and we have to modify it, change the colours, and some new rims etc etc anything you want, and then the people would vote for the best one

thoughts?

#31 ·
How about a Large Piece of the month with a set theme? Make it say 500X500 Minimum, 1280X1024 Max or something. MMA event poster has been done so would need some fresh ideas. Like everyone using the same stock photo and people voting for the best Manipulation.

#35 ·
So........are we doing something?

Even a basic SOTW works, throw something in there until a good contest is thought up.

Do a basic "fighter from such and such weight class", or "former Pride fighters", anything. I just want another contest. :(

#37 ·
Guys, I would love to get something up for you but Im just over a week away from my wedding and just dont have the time to look after it right now, if somebody else wants to run it I'll donate 25,000 credits.

#40 ·
Cool cool, I'll donate 25k to the winner and 10k to the runner up as well.

I like that theme MC but if we keep doing fighters (despite it being an MMA forum lol) i think it could get stale quickly. How about Fave game of 2009? Whether it's just the main character or side character or w/e. Branches out a little bit for now anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.