MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Fighter/s would you like to see return to the UFC?!?

View Single Post

Old 07-08-2006, 09:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
ranger595
MMA Fanatic

ranger595 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Royce is a Legend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
I DONT SEE ROYCE BEATING ANY TOP FIGHTERS ANYMORE..HE CANT FOOL ANYONE WITH HIS JIU JITSU ANYMORE..AND EVRYONE ELSE HAS SIMPLY CAUGHT UP TO THE GRACIES..IN MY MIND HE IS NO LONGER A LEGEND ..BEACAUSE IF U SEND A FEW DECENT FIGHTERS OF TODAY BACK TO THOSE FIRST UFC'S..WE WOULDNT EVEN KNOW GRACIES NAME BECAUSE HE WOULDNT HAVE WON ANY OF THEM

Royce brought Martial Arts out of the Dark Ages....

Before he won UFC we used to think Chuck Norris and Steven Segal were badasses. Now we know what works. Royce showed us that with skill and toughness a guy can beat someone 90lbs heavier. He brought honor to his family name and respectability to Martial Arts in general.

As a competitive fighter, he's way passed his prime, the rest of the world has caught up. Boxer's are usually done in the early 30's. I'm not sure but SAMBO seems just as lethal as Brazilian JUi Jitzu? To be a champion now, a fighter has to be way above average in every aspect of fighting....

funny: Royce dominated Ron Van Cliff, the 50 year old kung-fu legend when he was 26, just like he was dominated by Hughes.....
ranger595 is offline   Reply With Quote