MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - my first mma fight in march

View Single Post

Old 01-01-2007, 03:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
AtomDanger
Banned

AtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this pointAtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman574
hey people i have been training in mma for 2 months. i am a lightweight but very very large for my weight i did powelifting for 4 years before mma but have allways been athletic. i have picket up the skills very quickly and am now holding my own very well ageinst the guys in my acedemy. i have decided to fight in an amiter contest early next year but am unsure of the rules. as far as im aware there are no head shots.

this has been my dream since i saw shamrock fight gracie i am sure i have what it takes but my cardio sucx does anyone know of any good cardio training i could do that wont take my power and explosiveness away the fact that im overpowering middleweights is one of my big advantages. i have the power and the natural ability to do well but i need the cardio as i dont want any weaknesses going in to the fight thx ps is there no amiter fights that allow head shots the no head shots rule. doesnt sit well im a ground and pount type of guy and i dont want to be stripped of it

You should train for a full year in MMA before you think about an MMA fight even ametuer stuff.
AtomDanger is offline   Reply With Quote