MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Helping to train some one for an event

View Single Post

Old 01-01-2007, 04:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
mrmyz
Bantamweight

mrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura about
Helping to train some one for an event

Bassically a freind of mine wants to compete in this ametuer mma tournament that im going to as well. He is going to fight in a weight class under mine. He has good conditioning and good muscle indurence because he is a distance runner. That alone makes this easier.

Right now my bassic plan is to have him tag along with my weight training sessions and cardio conditioning to get him used to fights. We have four months to train so I cant really get to complicated in training him for one thing and neglecting others so I am going to have to use the time properly.

Bassically this a toughy getting a guy ready from scratch in four months for a ametuer fight. So Im going to be teaching him enough striking to get by positional escapes and submition escapes. From their I think we are going to focus primarily on ground and pound.

So what are some effective take downs to learn for this aside from the double leg take down?