MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Stretching for Muay Thai

View Single Post

Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
jcal
Lightweight

jcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr81kev View Post
Hey Guys...hope peeps get back to me on this 1??.anyway i just want advice on how to stretch for muay thai......ie for high kicks and stuff....or how long should i be stretching for and how many times a day?...alot of guys where i train seem to have no problem stretching but when i try and i can do it to a certain point n then the strain n pain kick in!!......the one that kills me is the legs maybe 5,6 feet apart and elbows and arms flat on the mat!!...any tips would be well appreciated!!
Ive been training MT for a long time now and ive never been able to that sit down on but , legs stretched apart and touch the mat with my elbows, so instead I grab the ropes in the ring and gently pull myself forward ffrom that same position, never been super flexible but can still throw a real hard high roundhouse kick with either leg, the kind that turns heads in the gym, i guess in MT you dont have to be super flexible and do all that Van Dam crap
jcal is offline   Reply With Quote