Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC 61 Bitter Rivals: RESULTS THREAD: SPOILER!

41K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  adminmma 
#1 ·
UFC 61 Results will be posted in this thread! This thread will be closed until Saturday evening.

Date: 07/08/2006 10:00 PM
Event Type: PPV Live

Tim Sylvia Vs. Andrei Arlovski

Tito Ortiz Vs. Ken Shamrock

Dan Christison Vs. Frank Mir

Josh Burkman Vs. Josh Neer

Yves Edwards Vs. Joe Stevenson

Drew Fickett Vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Jeff Monson Vs. Anthony Perosh

Gilbert Aldana Vs. Cheick Kongo

Hermes Franca Vs. Joe Jordan

See less See more
#2 ·
Jeff Monson Vs. Anthony Perosh...MONSON wins

Hermes Franca Vs. Joe Jordan... FRANCA wins

Yves Edwards Vs. Joe Stevenson
Joe Stevenson wins, doctors call stop to fight after round 2 due to cut on Edwards head.

Dan Christison Vs. Frank Mir
Frank Mir wins by decision, unanimous 29-28.

Tito Ortiz Vs. Ken Shamrock
Tito Ortiz WINS, ref calls the fight in Round 1

Josh Burkman Vs. Josh Neer
Josh Burkman wins by unanimous decision after 3 rounds, 29-28, 30-27, 29-28.

Tim Sylvia Vs. Andrei Arlovski
HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPION ..... TIM SYLVIA

By unamimous decision: 48-47, 49-46, 48-47

And a HUGE thanks to K9forLife

#5 ·
Was anyone else upset with the silvia/arlovski fight.I didn't think either man won that fight.It was anticlimatic.

Also I know alot of people will be upset with the stopage of the Ortiz/Shamrock fight although I think it was a good call.Shamrock did nothing to protect himself.

#7 ·
Dan Christison got robbed. But who cares, they both sucked.

WTF is wrong with Yves? He's way better than that, or maybe I only thought he was.

AA was a dissapointment. He seemed scared to go in on Sylvia and he didn't even attempt to take the fight to the ground.

Best part of the night was the Liddell/Silva announcement.

#9 ·
Twobadfly

I Think That Tito Is Great!! He Proved Himself As A Coach, And Forsure As A Fighter!! He Is Great!! Ken Shamrock Is Alright, But He Can't Keep Up With The Time. From The Bayous Here In Louisiana From The Bright Lights In Las Vegas, Tito Is #1!!!:d

#10 ·
if ther eis going to be a Shamrock/Ortiz 3. It need to be before the end of the year.. perhaps the next event.. if this fight was as short and unexciting as I hear.. then both fighters should be physically ready to go today... set this for UFC 62 get it done and over with

#11 · (Edited)
The Don said:
if ther eis going to be a Shamrock/Ortiz 3. It need to be before the end of the year.. perhaps the next event.. if this fight was as short and unexciting as I hear.. then both fighters should be physically ready to go today... set this for UFC 62 get it done and over with
I hope there's no 3rd meeting. There's no need for it. I missed this fight last night because my cable company screwed up the PPV event, and had to refund everyone's money. :(

When I first heard about the result, everyone seemed to think it was stopped to early, but after seeing the entire fight on Youtube, and studying the replay, it's clear the stoppage was justified. Ken can only blame himself if he thought it was premature, because he took at LEASt 5 hard elbows without any attempt to defend himself.

Here's the fight if you're interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ielwMhwrBOw

#12 ·
Gman said:
I hope there's no 3rd meeting. There's no need for it. I missed this fight last night because my cable company screwed up the PPV event, and had to refund everyone's money. :(

When I first heard about the result, everyone seemed to think it was stopped to early, but after seeing the entire fight on Youtube, and studying the replay, it's clear the stoppage was justified. Ken can only blame himself if he thought it was premature, because he took at LEASt 5 hard elbows without any attempt to defend himself.

Here's the fight if you're interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ielwMhwrBOw
yea I can not view youtube at work.. I have to wait till tonight wuen I get home.

#13 ·
is the sylvia/arlovski fight on youtube as well???

#14 ·
The Don said:
In the online after fight interview Ortiz says the same thing! He said "Set it up for November" along with the Liddell/Slvia fight, he was ready for it.

Hmm..Wonder how that new Black Camaro drives?..lol

#18 ·
I'm not sure about the tim thing but I do know that Ortiz didn't earn a title shot just from one fight.I know Tito looked good but there are too many variables and Shamrock isn't the fighter he once was.

i wish Shamrock would get a fight he could win so he can go out feeling on top I think he's not going to quit with a loss even though that's the sign to quit

#19 ·
Aa

Does anyone know who AA has in his corner. In the first half of round one he was repeatedly using leg kicks, and you could visually see them working. After that I could count on one hand the number of leg kicks he used. If i am wrong and no one else noticed it let me know.

#20 ·
floridagirl said:
I'm not sure about the tim thing but I do know that Ortiz didn't earn a title shot just from one fight.I know Tito looked good but there are too many variables and Shamrock isn't the fighter he once was.

i wish Shamrock would get a fight he could win so he can go out feeling on top I think he's not going to quit with a loss even though that's the sign to quit
a loss is not a sign to quit, its a sign your lacking something or need more work on something he needs to train harder and with better people... then he'll win fights again.. even against tito..

#22 ·
Tito won in like 50 seconds over some bullshit (even though he would have won anyways i would have liked to see a longer fight)

And Sylvia went all 5 rounds and won by unanimous desicion.

Was probably the worst ppv i've seen in a while. All the fights showed were slow and never ending graples for the most part.

Be fight they show'd was the Yves Edwards vs Stevenson.

#24 ·
Top 5 Fighters!
1. Sean Sherk
2. Evan Tanner
3. Matt Hughes
4. Ed Herman
5. Rich Franklin
These are your top 5 fighters out of all of the ufc?What about Liddel?How does Ed Herman who lost to Kendall rank your list?It's also time to see Franklin fight again what"s going on with that?

#25 ·
I ment my favorite fighters, and im working on a differen't sig anyways i just put it there because i was bored.

and i like Ed Herman because he gives alot of heart like every other fighter in that list.

Its not that i dont like Liddell he's just not my favorite fighter.

And with Franklin my best guess is after The Crow Fights Andersson Silvia i'd assume most are hopeing Silvia wins because the crow had NO chance against Franklin. Now, my best guess for Franklin's next fight MAYBE Swick. Other then that..ehh its hard to say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.