MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Back to Basics

Thread: Back to Basics
View Single Post

Old 05-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #149 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by joppp View Post
Totally true. IronMan, have you seen the escapes series with Marcelo Garcia (it's about bridging). He shows some pimpin' escapes there (and yours is ofc one of them). There's one when you grab a bodylock, bridge to get your hips under your opponenet and then reverse him that just looks beautiful. Too bad I drill far too few sidecontrol escapes...
Yeah, Marcelo's escapes are awesome. The real problem is that you have to be as quick as Marcelo and as fluid and explosive as him to land them on an opponent a lot larger than you (at least, with that particular body-lock reversal). I have a hard time pulling that one off.

Plus, I like going to the back, as I find I can transition to a lot of dominant positions from there with a lot more ease, and I never end up in my opponent's guard when I have control of the back. At least, not in one move.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote