MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 05-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #288 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Absolute Strength Conditioning

Squats 6,6,6 @ 185lbs
Deadlift 6,6,6 @ 185lbs
Chin Up 8,8,8 @ b/w
DB Bench 6,6,6 @ 65lbs

Lightened the weights up significantly because
1) It's the end of the week and I'm beat
2) It's been 2 months since I've done heavy lifting
3) Being mindful of the recent knee pains
4) Being sore for 4 or 5 days will hurt my other training
5) I was going to BJJ class immediately after

Everything felt pretty good. Could have gone heavier but wanted to keep sustainability in mind.

I've been getting really brutal headaches since sparring on wednesday whenever I exert myself. No fun at all. It's supposed to be normal when you start heavy sparring though.

BJJ Class

Showed up in time for guard passes. In advanced class we were doing shark tankings of a few guys. I helped for a two and then I got shark tanked. It was at least 12 guys going 30 seconds at a time but it was from open guard so that helped alot. I was brutally tired but held on. Used a body triangle and controlled posture on smaller opponents and just tried to prevent them from passing guard and then survive and escape when they did. Did pretty good, though the second last guy, a blue belt, got to north south and tapped me with a collar choke. Oh well. Our instructor Dave said he's waiting on his shoulder to get a bit better and then he'll do some rolling with me after class. Should be a good experience.

Sweet glorious rest.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote