MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Effective way to harden shins?

View Single Post

Old 05-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
coldcall420
Banned

coldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by js2393 View Post
I'm new to Muay Thai, and I'm wondering if this would be an effective way to harden my shins:

Since I don't have a boxing bag (yet), and I don't believe in using coke bottles (rolling and tapping) to harden my shins, I thought about taking shin guards that I used to use in soccer, put them on my shins, and then kick trees to harden my shins. Pros? Cons? Flat-out stupid? lol

What your looking to accomplish is building what is kown as trebeculi in your bones. think of it as webbing that can be formed by beating the area repeatedly....it can be strengthend but it takes a long time......

your idea...sounds kinda dumb....why not just bare against a heavy bag????
coldcall420 is offline   Reply With Quote