MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Effective way to harden shins?

View Single Post

Old 05-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Shogun_Is_Champ
Banned

Shogun_Is_Champ is on another level nowShogun_Is_Champ is on another level nowShogun_Is_Champ is on another level nowShogun_Is_Champ is on another level nowShogun_Is_Champ is on another level nowShogun_Is_Champ is on another level nowShogun_Is_Champ is on another level nowShogun_Is_Champ is on another level nowShogun_Is_Champ is on another level nowShogun_Is_Champ is on another level nowShogun_Is_Champ is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by js2393 View Post
I'm new to Muay Thai, and I'm wondering if this would be an effective way to harden my shins:

Since I don't have a boxing bag (yet), and I don't believe in using coke bottles (rolling and tapping) to harden my shins, I thought about taking shin guards that I used to use in soccer, put them on my shins, and then kick trees to harden my shins. Pros? Cons? Flat-out stupid? lol
Why would you use guards, wouldn't that defeat the purpose, just get a towel wet and keep slapping your shins, that will deaden the nerves.
Shogun_Is_Champ is offline   Reply With Quote