MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 05-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #289 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Got my Beta Alanine and my Joint support stuff in. I have no joint soreness whatsoever right now but I wouldn't credit that to it yet, as I'm just coming off of some rest. See what happens as the week progresses.

As for the BA, tried it out today. I took a half dose (teaspoon) about 45 mins before workout with some juice. Seems to be tasteless. At first I got the tinglies in my face and hands, then started to get nauseous as I was eating my pre workout food. I'm going to take it right after the pre workout food next time. I started to feel really energetic and for lack of a better word, powerful, and started getting excited about getting to the gym. Did the burpees again.

Conditioning

Burpees (5x3 minute rounds, 1 min rest)
1 - 30
2 - 24
3 - 23
4 - 23
5 - 20
Total - 120

After last week's brutal exhaustion I didn't think I could make any improvements, especially because my legs are still sore from Saturday's workout. Anyhow, got a few extra in. The BA stuff seems to be legit, I still felt exhaustion, but I barely felt anything as far as soreness or burning in my muscle. It's just going and then it couldn't go anymore. I was drenched in sweat but it felt like I hadn't earned it. I also felt kind of zoned out like I was watching myself workout...I barely remember the actual workout. Kind of cool. I'm taking another half dose for BJJ this evening. So long as it doesn't interfere with my sleep I think I've found a new weapon.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote