MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Effective way to harden shins?

View Single Post

Old 05-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
jcal
Lightweight

jcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by js2393 View Post
Well I plan on using a heavy bag soon, but I was just looking for a substitute until I have one available. I was thinking using that using shin guards against a tree(with the hard part removed, leaving a somewhat thick cushion) would be similar to kicking a slightly cushioned heavy bag.

Also, I've read that using the bottle method/other similar methods only deadens nerves, but doesn't actual strengthen shins. I'm looking for ways to actually strengthen my shins, not just to remove pain from them.
You cant make your shinbone stronger you can just make the muscles around it better , work your calves, jump rope, jump alot of rope
jcal is offline   Reply With Quote