MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Need some help from Cardio freaks :)

View Single Post

Old 01-02-2007, 09:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
I.P.Freely
Bantamweight

I.P.Freely is an unknown quantity at this pointI.P.Freely is an unknown quantity at this pointI.P.Freely is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTe
Hey guys, im new to these forums - is this like sherdog?

Anyhow,I got one question... How can I make my cardio strong and my sprint time faster? Right now I go to gym (weights), run outside and sprint outside... I HATE doing cardio.. a buddy told me to try a bike for 30 mins or so.. he said it helps alot. Im trying to eat healthy... trying to get into shape for police... any help would be appreciated.

Im 215 6'2, I do weights 2 days rest 1 and then 2 again... and i run long distance (1 mile or so) 1 day and sprint walk and sprint on the next.
Running may be the best option, but an honourable mention goes to cross training machines (think they are called "aerodynes" as well). You can adjust them to be as hard or as easy as you like, and they don't stress the back and the knees as much as running. Because you're leaning forward slightly you can develop your core strength, and they also build up stamina in the muscles in the arms.
I.P.Freely is offline   Reply With Quote