Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Teen Weightlifting?

752 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  recon6991 
#1 · (Edited)
I wanna get some muscle, but i have no clue how to start. Im 16 year old male btw.

Can anyone give me a work out program that will get me started, and get me to have nice pecs, biceps, triceps and lose bit of belly fat.

Ive tried working out before but i have no clue what to do, so a workout program would be greatly appreciated, and once im stronger and fitter im starting mma with my friend.

Thanks alot

#2 ·
Well, you are a bit young. If I were you, I would start doing body weight exercises. Such as pushups, crunches, dips, pullups. Things of that nature. Also start running before breakfast. I would run about 3 miles in the morning and then do as many pullups, crunches, dips, and pushups as possible. Make sure to rest properly too.

#4 ·
I started lifting in 8th grade and never saw negatives from it, so did most of my friends. To the topic starter, read the link wukka posted and learn proper form, keep a good diet, and you'll be fine. Just dont go lifting world records before you learn how to lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.